Frequently Asked Questions

  What insurance options are available?

  1. Collision Damage Waiver : is a comprehensive insurance cover available to the client, which includes 3rd Party insurance and Public liability cover. This option is available from as little as 25/- AED per day (based on the vehicle type) and waives all charges in the event that the vehicle suffers damage by way of an accident or otherwise, provided all other conditions of the rental agreement are complied with. Please note that a pre-requisite to a damage claim is the accompaniment of a Police Report. Should you decide not to purchase CDW, you will be liable to pay an excess charge depending on the vehicle rented in the event of an accident, where you are at fault.
  2. Personal Accident Insurance : is a cover which provides compensation to the occupants of the vehicle in the event of physical injuries/death.

  How much is the Insurance Excess Charge?

The Insurance Excess in case the customer does not wishes to purchase CDW will be AED 1,500.

  How long do I have to be driving in order to be permitted to rent a car?

Clients are required to be in possession of a valid driving license for a period of at least one year and must be over the age of 25 years. If the driver is less than 25 years but more than 23 years of age he/she can still rent the car from MYK but will be liable for an additional fees(in case of Damages/Accident) apart from the Insurance Excess(as above) as per Accident Repair Invoice received from the Vehicle Garage.

  What kind of drivers license do I require to drive in the UAE and does it have to be an International License?

  1. For UAE Resident Visa Holders: A valid UAE Driving License.
  2. For Visitors (on visit/transit visa) from GCC Countries: A valid GCC country driving license.
  3. For visitors from all other countries other than GCC countries (on visit/transit) : a valid international driving license.

  What do we do in the case of an accident?

In the unforeseen circumstances of your vehicle being involved in an accident please note that the vehicle should not be moved from the point of the accident or damage, except in the case where the damage is minor and the vehicle is causing an obstruction to the traffic. You will then call the police and remain with the vehicle in order to obtain a police report to be submitted to MYK Rent a Car so that an insurance claim can be made. Please notify MYK Rent a Car office of the incident and they will facilitate any replacement vehicle that may be required.

Important note: Failure to obtain a police report means that no claim can be made against the insurance policy, therefore the client is liable to pay for the full cost of repair even if CDW cover has been taken. It is the hirers responsibility to provide a complete police report. In the case that an initial CID report is provided by the police, the customer has to follow up and obtain the final police report.

  Will the Insurance cover Oman?

Yes whenever you plan to go to Oman you need to call us before 05:00 p.m. so we can request the Insurance company for the cover. The customer can have access to Oman Cover by paying an additional Insurance fees.

  What do we do in the case of a breakdown?

In the event that you may require any assistance (at customers expense), you can contact (Tel. 800-1299) OR 04-3408546.

  What about traffic violations, such as speeding?

Most roads in U.A.E. are radar controlled and it is in your interest to adhere to the speed limits which are clearly sign posted. These range from 60 to 120 km/ph depending on where you are driving.

  Is parking available and are there any procedures?

Parking in Dubai and its surrounds is readily available, although it is important to note that most street parkings fall under municipality jurisdiction and therefore have a fee. This charge is from 1/- AED upwards and is payable at the parking meter, which is orange in color and located on the walkway parallel to the road. It is important to note that should you park without displaying your paid parking slip on the dashboard of the car, it will be considered a parking violation and you may be liable for fine. Under cover parking is also available at most major shopping centres free of charge.

  Who can rent from MYK and what is the minimum period of rental?

Hirers should be at least 23 years of age and should hold a valid UAE driving license (at least for 12 months) in case of a Residence Permit holder and an International License in case of a Tourist Permit. The minimum rental period is 24 hours from the time of renting.